Monday, February 23, 2015

Dollar Store Pinterest projects: Cupcakes and Mason Jars. (And no, I'm not a hipster)

If you've been following my Facebook at all these days, you probably know that I've embarked on a home beautification project. But, as always, I love doing it on a serious budget. Therefore, let me introduce you to DIY projects I've done with supplies from one of my favorite stores (besides Target): Dollar Tree.

Yes, it's a good old-fashioned "dollar store" where everything really is a dollar. (Other "dollar stores," like Dollar General, are discount stores, but the products aren't necessarily $1.) It is also beyond fabulous. If you're looking for party supplies, holiday decorations, or creative inspiration, I highly recommend it! You can find all sorts of beads, mason jars, glass vases, floral supplies, and endless other craft items. (It's also a great place to buy cleaning supplies and other basics, like Aspirin and hand soap. Dollar Tree has saved me a fortune in the last few months.)

For my mom's birthday, I also made a pretty tray of cupcakes using Dollar Tree stuff, although I got the cupcake mix and frosting at Giant Eagle.








No comments:

Post a Comment