Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter brunch post, more than a week late

90 percent of my pictures with her look like this.

Sorry about the lack of posting; I've been having some health issues that have taken priority over cooking and blogging. Anyway, Kyle and I took the baby to my parents' house in Avon Lake last weekend. Kyle and I were finally able to get out by ourselves on Friday night (a rare event when you have a baby) and went to the Moosehead in Olmsted Falls, one of our favorite places to go when we're visiting my parents. (Our other favorite is Viva Fernando. Thanks to their restaurant.com deal, we regularly eat about $40 worth of food there and get out for about 10 bucks.) On Sunday, we went to mass at St. Raphael's, then came home and made brunch. My contribution was a spinach and cheese quiche.


 I only got a picture of my slice, because the rest was gone in about 30 seconds. As Kyle put it, "I think your quiche was the most popular item." It was delicious, and very easy to make.

Ingredients: 

1 tablespoon butter
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 1/2 cups grated Gruyère
1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
Salt and pepper
Pinch of ground nutmeg

Directions:


1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute longer, stirring. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
2. Sprinkle onion mixture, spinach and Gruyère over bottom of pie shell. Beat eggs and milk together, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Gently pour into crust.
3. Bake quiche for 40 to 45 minutes, until set and browned. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
 
 We also got some adorable pictures of the munchkin in her dress and with her Easter basket from Grandma and Grandpa. My personal favorite:


She went home with some new toys, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment